-->

Quinoa in the Morning

I can't think of a better way to spend a lazy morning than in my pajamas writing recipes and making up batches and batches of pancakes. I decided to finally give quinoa flour a try. I had been balking at the price, but then realized it costs about the same as almond flour, so why not? Quinoa is a great way to start the day with its excellent combination of protein, carbohydrates and fiber. It's also gluten-free and great for fructose malabsorption. So it was decided: Pancakes! I was surprised at the lack of quinoa flour pancake recipes out there. It was apparent I would have to come up with my own recipe.





Although my husband isn't sure he likes the taste of quinoa in the morning, I really like these pancakes. They are soft and fluffy and hold together surprisingly well, but you do have to like quinoa to like these pancakes. I did my best to mask the distinctive quinoa flavor by adding vanilla and cinnamon, but my husband still isn't a fan. Hrmph. Well, I guess I will just eat these myself. I'm used to eating quinoa in the morning, being a fan of quinoa porridge and quinoa flakes cooked up like oatmeal. Give these pancakes a whirl and let me know what you think. Are you a fan of quinoa in the morning?


Ingredients



  • 1 cup quinoa flour
  • 3 tablespoons powdered dextrose ~or~ 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup milk (cow's, almond, soy....whatever you like)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tablespoon oil (canola, grapeseed, olive....whatever you like) or melted butter (yum!)
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract


Directions



  1. To toast the quinoa flour: Place a medium, non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add quinoa flour and stir and cook until flour starts to brown and smoke a little. Remove from heat and transfer flour to a plate to cool.
  2. In a large bowl, stir together the toasted quinoa flour, dextrose, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, oil and vanilla. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir well. Batter should be creamy and smooth (not thick and puffy). If not, add a little bit more milk.
  3. .................................



for full recipes please see : www.deliciousasitlooks.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel