-->

Broccoli Fritters

Baked Broccoli Fritters are vegan, gluten-free and perfect for someone on a candida diet. They were a huge hit in my home! They tasted just right and my husband enjoyed them very much. I used flaxseed and chickpea flour as binders and must say that they worked very well in this recipe. They were not crumbly at all and I didn’t have to use any additional liquid after I washed the broccoli.




I didn’t steam the broccoli beforehand because broccoli cooks very fast, so I process the raw broccoli in the food processor. I don’t like to fry my food so I use a little oil then I cover the skillet after I turn the fritters and allow to cook on low. Have you tried using a ceramic non-stick pan? I have one for over a year now but it is now sticking so I had to revert to my faithful Stainless Steel Skillet, which doesn’t cause my food to stick.  Try baking these fritters instead on 400 degrees preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, turning halfway.  You can make your own chickpea flour by processing dried chickpeas in a high-speed blender then straining through a fine mesh strainer.


Ingredients:



  • 1 medium head broccoli florets (about 3 cups processed)
  • 1/2 cup onion, chopped
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 cup Chickpea Flour
  • 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
  • 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil or more for cooking


Directions:



  1. Place broccoli florets, onion, cilantro and garlic in batches in a food processor and process until crumbly (looks like rice grains).  Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in chickpea flour, flaxseed meal, cumin, cayenne pepper  and salt. Mix well and squeeze together like you are forming a dough. Heat oil on medium in a large skillet. Form into patties about 1/4 cup, place fritters in the skillet, reduce heat to low and cook fritters on each side for about 4 minutes until golden brown. These are lightly fried and not deep fried. What I do is cover the skillet after I turn them to make sure the fritters are well cooked in the middle. Delicious served with guacamole.
  2. ...........................................



for full instruction please see : healthiersteps.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel