-->

THE BEST CHEWY GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

I don’t like to throw the term “Best Recipe” around casually. But when I want to really get across that I’ve tested and tried and adapted a recipe a bunch until I got it PERFECT, then I feel justified in calling it the Best! I have notes and slips of paper from over 3 dozen attempts at making really good, chewy chocolate chip cookies over the past 5 years of baking gluten-free before coming up with this perfect version!



Back when I used to be able to eat gluten, I worked for years to find a homemade chocolate chip cookie recipe that I loved. I grew up loving the old Mrs. Field’s chocolate chip cookies. My favorite thing to get at the mall was one of the huge cookies that they sold back in the 1980s. They were the perfect chewy cookie and were about as big as my head as a child! Over the years, the cookie size and quality has gone down, but I did still love those cookies. I also liked the famed New York Times cookie recipe that was going around about 8-10 years ago pretty well. Just when I finally had a recipe for cookies that I loved, I got diagnosed with celiac and had to start all over with my recipe testing.

INGREDIENTS



  • 2 1/4 cups (~282 grams) good all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
  • 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum omit if gluten-free flour blend has xanthan or guar gum already)
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 ounces cream cheese, room temp
  • 3/4 cups (12 Tbsp.) unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 egg yolks (room temp)
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips


DIRECTIONS



  1. In a medium bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour, xanthan (unless flour blend already has xanthan or guar gum), baking soda and salt. Set aside.
  2. .................................



for full recipes please see : mygluten-freekitchen.com

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel